Monday, June 19, 2006

Manitoba Marathon Half Marathon



Well the Manitoba Marathon came and went yesterday and I am happy with my results in the half marathon even though I missed my goal of 1:59:59. A 2:03:47 result bettered my Winnipeg Police Service Half of 2 1/2 months ago by just over 6 minutes. Of course that is "Championchip" time as you can see the clock time above my head.When you think of it that is almost 30 seconds faster per mile! I improved from the 84th percentile in my division to the 57th.

Thank goodness it was cool, overcast, breezy and rainy.

I think I was on pace for my goal until about mile 10 and then I just couldn't keep it up. Maybe the goal was too lofty even though I stuck to my training quite religiously.
And what does it say about me when I just couldn't pass the yard where people were offering beer on Dunkirk Drive. I had to have a taste, meaning a couple of swigs.

No comments: